Co-maintainers to assist upstreams with their packages in Extras

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Oct 18 14:20:38 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 08:42:35AM -0500, Jima wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> >For the latter, we could maintain a list (along the lines of the
> >WishList page) where interested upstreams can add their project and
> >look for a maintainer.
>
>  +1, I agree with this approach.  I strongly suspect Patrice was thinking
> more of the latter and probably not at all about the former type (of which
> there are clearly a few).

Indeed, it is the kind of examples I had in mind. However I still think
that anytime an upstream maintainer is also a fedora package maintainer,
there is a risk that he forget the differences between both. It won't
happen everytime, but we should be carefull. This danger certainly
disappears for maintainers with deep involvment in extras.

>  This doesn't seem like a bad idea, but I'm not totally convinced that
> upstream needs CVS access in all cases.  That still requires them to not

I agree. In my opinion what is interesting for upstream is to be in CC
for the bugs (including submission), and later to communicate, but I don't
think cvs access for them is needed.

--
Pat