Clamav packages and compatibility problems

Alberto Chiodi alberto.chiodi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 16:20:08 UTC 2006

lonely wolf wrote:

> It is.... in clamav-server.

Ok.... thank's a  lot....
:-D

> Take it with a bit of salt, but I suggest you only use the packages
> from extras.
> The reason is that, as you have already noticed, the two versions are
> differently organized, but overlap partially. Each one of them
> provides all the needed pieces of information, but the one in extras
> is [of course :) ] closer to the standard way in which RH/FC packages
> are /should be organized.
> In your case, IF you actually need it, clamd is provided by the
> clamav-server package.

Ok....
I'll do so.
Excuse me, if I have used improperly this "professional" list, but I
thought that it was a general problem not only an end-user problem.
I use Fedora from three years.
I have learned to use unix/linux (Fedora core) during my thesis work in
Brera Astronomy Observatory and now I use it in my private notebook.
On the net I discovered and use many useful instructions for install and
use Fedora sistem.
Particularly this site:
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html
....a site that I think many end-user known very well.
 From this site I learned notices about  Fedora repo's problem (Livna's
repos, Atrpm's repos versus other repos....)
Also in this site (like in  fedora's forum) I've learned about use of
yum and about compatibility with fedora core's repo.
Like many and many others end-users.
So I don't expect to have "stable" problems with identical group of
packages of different but  "recommended" repos.
(Naturally I don't think that Mr. Finley or others want damage Fedora
group or their users)
I think that actually there is too confusion on this side.
Linux has still many distributions.... if now we see also the
multiplication of version of the same packages in the same
distributions.....
............I don't write any more!!!
I only say that I DON'T want use Windows XP that I HAVE HAD to buy with
my notebook.

I'm gratefully to you for your answer and to the other partecipant at
the list for your ospitality.

Hi

Alberto Chiodi