exclude arch for PPC64

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Sun Oct 22 14:16:27 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 10:30 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Paul, do you have logs I can look at?  I've got access to a ppc32
> > machine and can try building on it if you'd like.
>
> I've had it build happily on a ppc32 without any problems and the
> src.rpm should be out on tonights spin of Extras (called xeuphoric). It
> seems odd that I'd need ppc as it really should be ppc64 (which follows
> x86_64)

That's what I'm saying... you can't use ExcludeArch: ppc because that is
for ppc32 _and_ ppc64.  For the vast majority of applications, building
as ppc64 makes no sense so ppc is used instead.

So, I'd need to see logs of it failing on ppc64 because as far as I
know, Extras doesn't even build ppc64 packages so you shouldn't even be
having a problem...

josh