RPM

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Oct 23 02:08:11 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 03:36 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> I'd like to see rpm-4.4.7 in the next Fedora release, too. I've had many
> talks with Jeff (the author of RPM) in #rpm at irc.freenode.net and I don't
> understand all the bad blood between some Fedora Core developers and him.
> Even if there were some problems in the past, I wish both sides would put
> them aside and work together.

Jeff has said that his intentions are to take rpm in a direction that
would make life as painful for "Red Hat" as possible. It is difficult to
overcome a hostile upstream which is consistently negative and unhelpful
in all channels of communication.

With that said, I'd still like to see what the Board thinks the long
term direction of package management is in Fedora.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway || Red Hat || Fedora || Aurora || GPG ID: 93054260

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always
that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence
and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We
will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in
our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended
from fearful men -- not from men who feared to write, to speak, to
associate and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."
-- Edward R. Murrow, March 9, 1954