RFC: Junk in Fedora Extras

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Oct 23 11:39:59 UTC 2006

Michael Schwendt wrote :

>  * If the src.rpm for a binary rpm in the repository does not exist,
>    where does the binary rpm come from? --> We delete it!
>
>  * Instead of expiring arbitrary packages based on "number of pkgs found",
>    we expire only src.rpms and clean up the binary rpms based on whether
>    their src.rpms still exist.

Seems like the right approach to me, since the addition and removal of
binary sub-packages is something which is impossible to reliably manage
without looking at the source packages they came from.

I'll all for it, let's just care about the source packages and let all
the binaries get cleaned up based on those.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 5.92 (FC6 Test3) - Linux kernel 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6
Load : 0.06 0.06 0.02