RPM

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Mon Oct 23 18:37:12 UTC 2006

On Monday, 23 October 2006 at 20:16, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>
> > Frankly, I'm not interested in those past
> > personal issues, I only care about improving Fedora's packaging tools. So,
> > let me ask again: what *technical* issues prevent rpm-4.4.7 from being
> > adopted in fc-devel/fc7?
>
> AFAIK, nothing technical (that can't be dealt with anyway).

That was my impression as well.

> Fact is, many folks have personal/professional problems working with
> jbj/upstream. So, the biggest issue to tackle seems to be maintainership
> and (re)defining upstream.

IOW, we only need someone that has no personal issues with jbj as the
package maintainer for rpm. And, possibly, a separate bugtracker for RPM
itself to keep bugreports against RPM package in Fedora and RPM application
separate. That's one of the problems, AFAIR.

Regards,
R.

--
Fedora Extras contributor http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DominikMierzejewski