Splitting an existing package

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Oct 24 20:03:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 10:02:46PM +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I maintain audacious in FE, a media player. Upstream has decided
> (with the latest release) to split audacious into two packages,
> one containing the player and one containing the plugins. I'd like
> to follow this split.
>
> So, I'd basically like to get a tree in CVS to put the plugins in,
> and somehow I do not think this requires a whole new review, since
> it is the same code as before, just laid out differently.

This could qualify as a sufficiently different for a new review. I
think it depends on the package. But in any case there should be
a procedure.

> How do I go about this?

I would like to do the same with the cernlib now that the debian package
(which is the real upstream) is split. I asked some time ago but nobody
responded...

--
Pat