Fedora Extras packaging beta software into production repos, why?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Oct 25 11:18:54 UTC 2006

Hi all!

Just for completeness (keeping my nose out of the discussion itself):

Axel Thimm schrieb:
> On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 12:36:23PM +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
>> Axel Thimm wrote :
>[...]
>> think "Extras for RHEL" which has been mentioned a few times
>> already, for which I really encourage you to get involved ASAP
>
> I am even on a non-public list from very early on this matter, so be
> assured I'm pushing this as well.

That list is still existent, but not used anymore since the effort was
announced in the public. All future discussions will be held on this
mailinglist in the open (well, yes, there is the closed FESCo
mailinglist were we sometimes [have to] discuss things in private, but
we try to avoid using it).

CU
thl