Build-sys weirdness (was: Re: Fedora Extras Package Build Report 2006-10-24)

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Oct 25 12:11:00 UTC 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:14:58 +0900, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:

> buildsys at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> > Packages built and released for Fedora Extras development: 21
> >     jd-1.8.0-0.2.beta061023.fc6
>
> This is strange because the rpm I built for FE-devel is
> jd-1.8.0-0.2.beta061023.fc7, not .fc6.

You forgot to "cvs up" your "common" directory. As a result, you've
submitted a .fc6 build request for development, resulting in _two_ (!)
src.rpms and .fc7 binary rpms:

http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/plague-results/fedora-development-extras/jd/1.8.0-0.2.beta061023.fc7/SRPM/

Rest assured, a few other packagers have run into the same trap.

While the push script is smart in some areas, it doesn't expect more than
one src.rpm per build-job, because build-job results are stored in unique
sub-directories.

I'm not sure yet how to work around that (adding EVR sorting and other
overhead sounds wrong to me). You know, we already prune old build results
from the needsign queue and only push the latest EVR. The easiest fix is:

"Packagers, submit proper build-jobs!"