Enhanced AWOL policy

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Oct 27 16:29:27 UTC 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> there were small changes for the AWOL policy proposed. Look at
>
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/EnhanceAWOL?action=diff&rev2=5&rev1=4
>
> for the details. Are those changes okay for everybody? If not: please
> comment on the list.

The maintainers are encouraged to maintain their Vacation file, but people who
want to change a package are not instructed to check that Vacatin file.

> While at it: Are other enhancements needed?

I would like to see a mention of "trying to find the maintainer on alternative
email addresses". The maintainer (esp smaller ones who don't really read the
fedora lists actively) might just have a broken email address, and might not be
aware of it.

Paul