Heads-up: mono-basic

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Oct 29 10:43:43 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 08:39 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I just happened to notice mono-basic was silently dropped from Core when
> > upstream recently split it out of the mono distribution. So if anyone is
> > interested, someone will have to maintain in Extras. (Maybe the monodevelop
> > maintainer?)
>
> mono-basic was spilt out as it was basically very broken come the 1.1.17
> release.
>
> If alexl doesn't want to bring it back into Core when things
> restabilise, I'm more than happy to take it to extras.

As a follow up, the zip file available from the mono sources is, um, not
compilable, so until it's sorted, we're pretty much without mono-basic.

The good news though is that mono 1.2 will be out shortly, so hopefully
that will hit rawhide in the very near future.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Der einzige Weg, Leute zu kontrollieren ist sie anzulügen" - L. Ron
"Ich kann kein Science-Fiction schreiben" Hubbard; Lügner, Betrüger,