xview anyone ?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Oct 30 11:39:35 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 11:10:32AM +0200, Christian Iseli wrote:

> That'd be great.  I can be the maintainer, since it seems it would be
> useful for colleagues here...

http://www.lmd.jussieu.fr/~pdlmd/xview-3.2-0.1.p4.src.rpm

It was not an easy task, but now it's done. Normally, the imake files
are more or less FHS compliant now, and I even use them to do the
staged install of xview itself. However if treetool uses other variables
to construct the directories, you may have to modify paths in files in
config/XView.*.

I had to install some fonts, that's a bit strange since they are listed in
the fonts.dir file in /usr/share/X11/fonts/misc. I tested a bit and it seemed
that using fontconfig didn't worked, that's why I also added the fonts to
/usr/share/X11/fonts/misc. The X and Xfs servers seems to have to be
restarted before those fonts are taken into account. Don't know if all that
is normal or if I did something wrong.

I tested the ol*wm window managers, they seemed to work, and also the
clock program seems to be functionnal.

The difference between this and the debian package are
* I put together the 2 ol*wm packages
* I put xview_xgettext and xview_msgfmt in xview-clients and not
  xview-devel (the idea is to have multi lib parallel installable
  devel package).

--
Pat