Enhanced AWOL policy

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Oct 30 22:44:33 UTC 2006

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:42:11 -0500, Brian Pepple wrote:

>         I would like to see a mention of "trying to find the maintainer
>         on alternative email addresses". The maintainer (esp smaller
>         ones who don't really read the fedora lists actively) might just
>         have a broken email address, and might not be aware of it.
>
> This seems to me an unnecessary burden on the FE contributor using the
> AWOL policy, and before adding it to the policy I would like to hear
> from others on the list.

Right. Don't add it. A maintainer, whose email is so broken that all
messages end up in /dev/null without bouncing, most likely has lost
contact with the project and hasn't received any list-traffic for several
weeks either. The least such a maintainer ought to do is to submit
bi-weekly queries for new bug reports. The responsibility to keep the
important bugzilla email address in a working state should be on the
maintainer's shoulders.

Btw, is subscription of fedora-maintainers still mandatory?