Closing bugs

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Sep 6 21:38:53 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 10:19:27PM +0100, Jeremy Sanders wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
> >These reference the release of the package, not of a distribution.
> >NEXTRELEASE
> >could be the next release of the package, CURRENTRELEASE is the release of
> >the package you've built into the devel repo or the FC-5 repo, or whatever.
> >Rawhide is well rawhide.
>
> Thanks - those answers make sense.

No, here are the definitions which more or less relate "RELEASE" to
the distribution and not the package's upstream version. That's also
how it's used in RHEL - we should keep the same semantics behind these
keywords.

CURRENTRELEASE
    The problem described has already been fixed and can be obtained
    in the latest version of our product. Information on the package
    version in which it was fixed should be included in the summary
    when a bug is closed to this resolution.

NEXTRELEASE
    The problem described has been fixed in the next release of the
    product, and is not planned to be fixed in the release against
    which the bug was filed. Include information on the release in
    which this was fixed in the summary when a bug is closed to this
    resolution.

So if you fix an FC5/FC4 bug you should use CURRENTRELEASE.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net