Correcting directory ownership of /usr/share/omf in Fedora

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Sep 8 06:45:32 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 18:23 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> Currently there are several packages in Fedora that own
> the /usr/share/omf directory, which was due to scrollkeeper not owning
> it.  Now that scrollkeeper has been corrected in Rawhide to own this
> directory, we will be opening bugs on the other packages that should no
> longer own it.
>
> For more information about the rationale for directory ownership refer
> to:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#head-a5931a7372c4a00065713430984fa5875513e6d4
>
> If anyone has any questions about this, don't hesitate to contact me.

I see that this is fixed in cvs but hasn't hit the mirrors for rawhide
at the time of posting.

Is this fixed scrollkeeper going to be issued as an update for FC-5 or
am I going to have to retain ownership of /usr/share/omf in the FC-5
branches of my affected package(s)?

I also note that packages un-owning /usr/share/omf will need to add a
dependency on scrollkeeper for the directory ownership; many of the
affected packages will currently only have scriptlet dependencies on
scrollkeeper.

Paul.