We are evaluating building packages from Fedora Extras for RHEL

nodata fedora at nodata.co.uk
Sun Sep 10 14:30:19 UTC 2006

Wow. That's quite a sweeping change.

We've gone from a group of pro-Fedora users providing free additional
software to other free users of Fedora, to providing Extras packages to
paying customers.

<snip>

> should watch the maintainers and kick them if they missed something

Nicely put.

> So we somehow need to make sure that maintainers for EE know their
> responsibilities.

So is this automatic?

Do all Fedora Extras contributors automatically become Enterprise
Extras contributors? If not, how are packages with dependencies on those
packages handled?

Do the Extras contributors get anything for providing this seven years
of support? A cap? A t-shirt? A RHEL license?