Would like to import CORE into Fedora (naming problem)

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora_extras at normalesup.org
Wed Sep 13 18:34:24 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 19:17, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 01:14:13PM -0400, Ed Hill wrote:
> > On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:47:06 +0200
> > Laurent Rineau <laurent.rineau__fedora_extras at normalesup.org> wrote:
> >
> > As others have suggested, I agree that:  /usr/include/CGAL/CORE
> > is a safe, easy, and totally reasonable fix.
>
> If CORE is a standalone package it has nothing to do in /usr/include/CGAL.
> Or am I missing something?

Well, it is a standalone package, but the CGAL source tarball ships CORE (and
the CGAL install process handle the installation of CORE too), for users
convenience.

At the beggining of the review of CGAL, for FE, my package shipped CORE.
Eventually, I decided to remove CORE from the CGAL package, and try to see if
everbody agree that I submit a new package, that install its headers
in /usr/include/CORE/.

The documentation of CORE (and examples programs) specify the header should be
included by #include <CORE/foobar.h>. I do not see /usr/include/CGAL/CORE/ as
a possible solution.