Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras - 2006-09-18

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Sep 18 23:23:47 UTC 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:17:01 -0000, Fedora Extras repoclosure wrote:

> package: wine-core - 0.9.21-1.fc5.i386 from fedora-extras-5-x86_64
>   unresolved deps:
>      libsane.so.1

The new sane-backends-libs i386 package is missing in x86_64 updates.

[Seems as if the Sep 18th sane-backend* package split and rename in FC5
Released Updates broke Core's multilib resolver.

I know my own unfinished code would break, too, and I would need to run
"ExtrasMultiLib.py 5" to fix the repo. One of the first things we need
soon is backend code which makes it easier and faster to run createrepo in
specific arch-repositories as everything else would slow down
smarter/mightier multilib depsolving.]