Extras packages queued for removal after (non-)rebuild

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Sep 19 06:48:18 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 00:34 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 12:18:01AM +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:
> > Ville Skyttä wrote:
> >
> > >amarok
> > >ardour
> > >azureus
> > >gnash-plugin
> >
> > Whoah, hold your horses here. There are some pretty big names in this
> > list. Can we dissect the culprits before we start cvs-removing things
> > willy nilly ?
>
> These won't be removed, they are listed because some of their dependencies
> are to be removed

If their dependencies are not taken care of soon, they will be removed
from the *package* repository too.  It doesn't make sense to ship
uninstallable packages.  As for removing files from the package
repository vs. the CVS repository, read my mail which started this
thread.

Even if they are removed from the package repository, it's not the end
of the world, all that needs to be done is the current maintainer to
bump+rebuild it or someone to take over and do it.  There's 3 weeks
until FC6 to sort things like that out.