repo layout for EPEL (Re: Initial Proposal for doing Enterprise Extras)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Sep 24 16:01:14 UTC 2006

Tom 'spot' Callaway schrieb:
> On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 17:36 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Opinions?
> The idea of a "testing" repo doesn't work.

I disagree.

> Very few users want to be a
> guinea pig, even fewer enterprise users have time to be a guinea pig.

Well, I'd say "only a few users" want to be a guinea pig. But that's
IMHO still better then nothing. I'd be even glad if nearly all EPEL
contributors would have testing enabled. That far more testing then the
packager itself can do because he often not even has access to all the
archs that the packages is build for. Same for Fedora {Core,Extras}.

CU
thl