repo layout for EPEL (Re: Initial Proposal for doing Enterprise Extras)

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Sep 24 20:02:02 UTC 2006

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Sunday 24 September 2006 2:48 pm, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>>> testing/el4/
>>> testing/el5/
>>> el4/
>>> el5/
>> that looks good to me, with one change. Move testing to under the
>> {release}/ so it becomes el4/{testing,stable}/{arch}/ - makes life a lot
>> easier for Rsync targets.
> how so ?  if i dont want testing  i can add --exclude=testing  and i wont get
> it in either scheme  if dont want el4  but want testing  --exclude=el4  will
> work also   how does adding your extra layer make it easier for rsync?
>
> i think we should stay consistent with the existing extras layout.

good point. However, these packages are not going to be used on Fedora,
they will make their way over to the EL tree's where it might make more
sense to have a consistent .repo layout with the rest of the distro /
repo's ?

CentOS already has everything per Release, and looks like RHN is going
the same way with el5.