Absolute symlinks

Alain PORTAL aportal at univ-montp2.fr
Tue Sep 26 14:21:48 UTC 2006

Le mardi 26 septembre 2006 13:11, Christian Iseli a écrit :
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:27:14 +0200, Alain PORTAL wrote:
> > But there is still a "problem":
> >
> > W: kbackup
> > dangling-relative-symlink /usr/share/doc/HTML/de/kbackup/common ../common
> > The relative symbolic link points nowhere.
>
> Well, /usr/share/doc/HTML/de/common looks like one of those directories
> that are "owned" by several packages.

Fedora Extras don't allow this.

> The k3b package, for example,
> simply creates it and owns it...

I'm not sure that this package is a great example:
[alain@ download]$ rpmlint k3b-0.12.15-0.FC5.1.i386.rpm | grep E: | wc -l
2
[alain@ download]$ rpmlint k3b-0.12.15-0.FC5.1.i386.rpm | grep W: | wc -l
117

Probably, this package won't be accepted in FE.

> You could also get in touch with the other KDE developers and decide on
> a package that should properly own it...

It seems to me that the "/usr/share/doc/HTML/$LANG/common" directory should be
owned by kde-i18n-$LANG package

I found something strange

[alain@ ~]$ rpm -q kde-i18n-French
kde-i18n-French-3.5.4-0.1.fc5
[alain@ ~]$ rpm -ql kde-i18n-French | grep "/usr/share/doc/HTML/fr/common"
[alain@ ~]$

/usr/share/doc/HTML/fr/common is empty!

I download the German one, that is the same....

Somedoby know why?

Regards,
Alain
--