Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras - 2006-09-26

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Sep 27 08:54:01 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 10:09 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 07:45:00AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > Fact is: The OpenMotif packages had been around during the mass rebuild.
> > Release management has failed to remove them in time - lack of
> > coordination between FC and FE.
>
> In my opinion it is more than lack of coordination.
Agreed, it's religious fanatism and more.

>  There is a will
> to remove completly openmotif from fedora core for FC-6 whatever the
> temporary breakages are. Another symptom is that an important package
> coming from core, ddd, is (in my opinion) still not ready for inclusion
> in extras although it was allready more or less approved
Removing an essential core application such as the only functional
debugger GUI from Core to me is beyond reason.

> As I repeated allready lot of times, doing the transition so abruptly,
> especially when there are very easy possiblities to do otherwise is
> detrimental for the users.

Once again: It was YOU, Spot and Rex, who performed this abrupt
transition - It is all of you who are responsible for this non-sense.

But: this all is OT to this thread: This thread is about Fedora Core
release management having voided the mass-rebuild.

Ralf