python: mixing sitearch and sitelib (was: python noarch vs arch)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Sep 2 16:04:53 UTC 2006

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 11:52:27AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 17:47 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> >
> > Just check your statement again. You outruled coexistence of python
> > modules in both lib and lib64 and there are real-life counterexamples
> > to that. What's more to not see???
>
> Again I think we're talking past each other.  I'm saying that a single
> python's module can't _both_ be in /usr/lib and /usr/lib64 at the SAME
> TIME.  You can't have
>
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum  and
> /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/yum
>
> especially with different contents in each.  Is what I'm saying clear
> now?

I agree with the above, but that was not what you were saying. I won't
bother copying your quote back again, you seem to have a reason why
you're trimming it ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net