python: mixing sitearch and sitelib (was: python noarch vs arch)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Sep 2 16:25:58 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 18:18 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Add the OP's quote that is missing above and you'll see what you were
> meaning with "part of a python's module". I replied to the original
> post of yours, where all the context is present and I think it's quite
> clear.

*sigh*

Here is where the fun began.  I was reading and replying to the original
poster's mail which said:

> I am working on packaging cohoba, this is a python gui client/mission
> control for telepathy. It has one small .c file, so I have a few
> questions:
> - because of the .c file the package has to by arch-specific i guess.
Is
> there a strong preference to package as noarch? (the c part is used
for
> changing the name for killall, so to put it as noarch i can just leave
> that part out (not being able to killall cohoba), or add a dependency
on
> python-ctypes and add a small patch to cohoba to use ctypes to do it
> instead)

Here it is impossible to tell if the .c file is part of the python
module or not.  Unfortunately I saw the second message land and
overquoted it.  My reply was geared toward the original post.

However you still assumed that my text, which takes about a python
module and nothing more, meant something I did not say.  But while we
bicker about this, it accomplishes nothing, just makes both our days a
little less joyful.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora