Ignacio's packages: status update (Was: We'll officially orphan Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams packages)

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Sep 4 21:08:40 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 22:38 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Ville Skyttä schrieb:
> > On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 19:10 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> >
> >> I suggest we remove them from the repo (after an additional warning
> >> later this week) shortly after Sunday, September 10, 23:59 UTC
> >
> > Why not treat them just like all other packages in the FE6 rebuild, ie.
> > initiate the removal process on Sep 18 if they're not unorphaned and
> > otherwise taken care of before that?
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/FC6MassRebuild
>
> Could work, two. But why not do it sooner? These packages will be known
> to be orphaned for two weeks by Sunday.

No strong objections, just thinking that seeing the whole fallout after
the Sep 18 removals would give a clearer picture about the problem
scope, and could prevent someone from spending time on unorphaning and
fixing up something between Sep 11 and 18 only to notice that it will be
pruned anyway a few days later due to missing deps unless (s)he or
someone else picks them up too.

BTW, there will still be 3 weeks after Sep 18 until FC6 is out to deal
with things that need attention, I think that's plenty.