Mass rebuild: Rebuild your packages for fc6

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Sep 8 09:32:40 UTC 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:01:57 +0200, Christian Iseli wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:38:31 +0200, Frank Büttner wrote:
> > Are it possible to create an list with all packages that have
> > rebuild/need to build?
>
> Attached.  903 packages to go...

If possible, please recreate this list based on packages in the
repository and not based on the needs.rebuild files.

Despite an earlier warning, some packagers still rebuild their packages
without increasing "Release". :(  This doesn't work since we do not
overwrite existing packages in the repository with new builds which
use the same EVR. For updates to be recognised as updates, either one
in EVR must be increased, even if you just want the changes cause by
a new compiler.