Mass rebuild: Rebuild your packages for fc6

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Sep 8 09:49:45 UTC 2006

Michael Schwendt schrieb:
> On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:01:57 +0200, Christian Iseli wrote:
>> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:38:31 +0200, Frank Büttner wrote:
>>> Are it possible to create an list with all packages that have
>>> rebuild/need to build?
>> Attached.  903 packages to go...
> If possible, please recreate this list based on packages in the
> repository and not based on the needs.rebuild files.

Agreed, but I think he's working on that already.

> Despite an earlier warning, some packagers still rebuild their packages
> without increasing "Release". :( [...]

:(

We also need to check sooner or later if some lazy packagers did

$ rm needs.rebuild
$ cvs remove needs.rebuild
$ cvs commit needs.rebuild -m "I don't agree with the reasons for this
mass-rebuild so I just remove this file and hope nobody notices"

CU
thl