Correcting directory ownership of /usr/share/omf in Fedora

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 14:36:57 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 09:07 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Paul Howarth wrote:
> > I also note that packages un-owning /usr/share/omf will need to add a
> > dependency on scrollkeeper for the directory ownership; many of the
> > affected packages will currently only have scriptlet dependencies on
> > scrollkeeper.
> >

> Indeed, and I wonder of we really want a dependency on scrollkeeper in
> this packages, then we could argue that all packages containing html
> docs should have a dependency on htmlview, etc.

All packages using scrollkeeper should already have:
  Requires(pre): scrollkeeper
  Requires(postun): scrollkeeper

These dependencies will keep scrollkeeper installed for the life of the
package.  So there is no need for a plain Requires: scrollkeeper.

> Wouldn't it be better to but shared dirs like this into the filesystem
> package? The same goes for /usr/share/applications
(On FC5)
$ rpm -qf /usr/share/applications |grep filesystem
filesystem-2.3.7-1.2.1

>  and
> /usr/share/icons/hicolor/XxX/apps

(On FC5)
hicolor-icon-theme owns these directories so anything installing files
here should Require: hicolor-icon-theme.  hicolor-icon-theme is a
package of directories similar to filesystem.

-Toshio