We are evaluating building packages from Fedora Extras for RHEL

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Sun Sep 10 11:15:01 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> It's not a big secret anymore, but wasn't announced yet in the public:
> We, the Fedora Extras Project, are planing to "do the next step" and
> start building lots of our packages for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and
> compatible distributions like -- for example -- CentOS.

Fantastic. It's been bugging me having to maintain a separate repository
for stuff that's in FE - just for EL rebuilds. And with projects like
centos.karan.org there's obviously the interest out there.

>  = The co-maintainership problem =
[snip]

Setting aside the technical/infrastructure issues and looking back to
the maintenance (long-term/security) aspect, I'd be inclined to suggest
that co-maintainership is a *requirement* for EE branches.

Tim