Correcting directory ownership of /usr/share/omf in Fedora

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Sep 11 11:31:32 UTC 2006

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Lun 11 septembre 2006 10:53, Hans de Goede a écrit :
>
>> to add a note to this that when you put files in the
>> /usr/share/icons/hicolor hierarchy your package must have a "Requires:
>> hicolor-icon-theme", but I couldn't because I don't have edit rights on
>> that page, can someone who does have the nescesarry rights add a note
>> about this there?
>
> The f.d.o icon theme spec says :
>
> ' In order to have a place for third party applications to install their
> icons there should always exist a theme called "hicolor" [1]. The data for
> the hicolor theme is available for download at:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/icon-theme/. Implementations are
> required to look in the "hicolor" theme if an icon was not found in the
> current theme. '
>
> So I'd expect hicolor dirs to be created by default without every other
> odd package requiring them

Well currently they aren't so either the contents of the
hicolor-icon-theme package should be moved to the filesystem package,
which it won't since its sortof bogus to have these dirs on a cmdline
only server / firewall. Or applications using these dirs must have a
"Requires: hicolor-icon-theme", which really isn't a problem as they
need special scriptlets to handle icons properly already.

Regards,

Hans