Would like to import CORE into Fedora (naming problem)

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora_extras at normalesup.org
Wed Sep 13 16:58:40 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 18:49, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 13/09/06, Laurent Rineau
>
> <laurent.rineau__fedora_extras at normalesup.org> wrote:
> > During the review of CGAL¹ (bug #199168), a problem was raised by Ralf
> > C.: the first version of CGAL-devel was shipping CORE², a dependency of
> > CGAL. That library installs its headers into /usr/include/CORE/* and Ralf
> > said that the name "CORE" is too general for an inclusion into FE.
>
> I personally think that Ralf is over reacting. It would be a directory
> in /usr/lib (i.e. /usr/lib/CORE) right? I don't see a problem.

Well, I agree. At least, if it was "core" (lowercase), I would agree that the
name is a bit too general. But, IMO, the uppercase name CORE/ could be
accepted in /usr/include/ (and it would be a lot more easier for me to get
CORE into FE if I had not to make upstream dev' change the name). We'll see
if people here agree with that.