Initial Proposal for doing Enterprise Extras

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Sat Sep 16 15:26:42 UTC 2006

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> I would like to suggest the following plan for Enterprise Extras:
>
> 1) There are 4 channels per {Scientific/Centos} Enterprise Linux
>      extras
>      extras-devel
>      extras-testing
>      extras-updates

If we're gonna duplicate what Debian already does, then atleast keep their
naming scheme so people don't get confused just because of the old "not
invented here" reason, i.e. please:

extras          => extras-stable
extras-testing  => extras-testing
extras-devel    => extras-unstable

(And updates is updates.)

But please enlighten me, I have a value feeling that this funny name
"channels" instead of "repos" is something related to the RedHat Update
Manager, yes?

Linus