automatic way to determine non-legacy branches?

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Wed Sep 20 01:28:20 UTC 2006

On 9/19/06, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know of anyplace this information is kept currently.  In the
> future it will be in the package database (some branches will be active,
> some inactive.)
>
> Depending on what you're planning to do with this information, one
> wrinkle may be what to do with co-maintained branches or branches that
> are only used if additional requirements are met (ie: EPEL branches will
> only exist if someone has vlunteered to maintain them and should only be
> built by that volunteer.)

Yah, this is more a tactical solution than a long term one.  It's not
intended for EPEL branches at the moment (I'm sure that'll get hashed
out as EPEL planning goes on)...  co-maintainership I don't think will
be much of an issue but the instant makefile target implementation is
inadequate for situations where different people maintain different
branches.

However it's used, I see a need for this information to be stored somewhere.

                     -Chris

--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia