mimetype icon installation help needed

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Sep 24 18:26:12 UTC 2006

Hello,

I would like to add an icon for a mime type (application/x-chm).
I use the Rodent theme currently in xfce, and I test in thunar and nautilus.
I have read some freedesktop documents, and I figured that I should
put it in:
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/application-x-chm.png

It didn't worked. In fact the only thing that worked was to put the file in
/usr/share/icons/Rodent/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-x-chm.png

I tried gnome-mime-application-x-chm.png and application-x-chm.png in
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/
and
/usr/share/icons/gnome/48x48/mimetypes/
since Rodent inherits from gnome, but in both cases the icon used was
application.png (or gnome-mime-application.png) from Rodent.

What am I doing wrong?

Also is there a command which allows the change in mimetypes directories
to be taken into account without relogin?

--
Pat