repo layout for EPEL (Re: Initial Proposal for doing Enterprise Extras)

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Sep 24 19:51:50 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Very few users want to be a
>> guinea pig, even fewer enterprise users have time to be a guinea pig.
>
> Well, I'd say "only a few users" want to be a guinea pig. But that's
> IMHO still better then nothing. I'd be even glad if nearly all EPEL
> contributors would have testing enabled. That far more testing then the
> packager itself can do because he often not even has access to all the
> archs that the packages is build for. Same for Fedora {Core,Extras}.

right.

Also, one point we need to still keep in mind is that *all* of these
packages have already seen light+life on FedoraCore{something}, and
there isnt any testing-repo there, so its pretty much anyone using the
pkg, and doing his/her yum updates regularly, like every good child
should, has been eaten/bitten/suckered by most of the bugs. { or do I
live in false hope ? }

- KB