Permanent page reference for packages

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Sep 25 13:03:03 UTC 2006

Rahul schrieb:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> Yeah, and I don't like that mess. We IMHO should create a proper
>> "namespace" for this (e.g. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packages) and
>> put all the packages with their proper name below that (e.g.
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packages/mail-notification )
> Using a manual wiki based solution isnt very scalable.

Sure, I didn't mean to do it only like that. But it might be a good idea
until we have a proper solution. The pages later could also provide
further informations that won't be possible easily in the "proper solution".

> We should have a
> way to automatically do this as part of our infrastructure. Maybe code
> can be reused looking at what other distributions do.

Yeah, someone just needs to do the work. But FE has more important
issues to solve ATM (AFAICS). But if there is anybody interested just
yell; FESCo will do its best to help with ideas, hints and stuff like that.

CU
thl