Permanent page reference for packages

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 14:37:09 UTC 2006

On 9/25/06, José Matos <jamatos at fc.up.pt> wrote:
> Hi,
>         recently in the lyx-devel list there was a request for a url regarding lyx in
> different linux distributions.
>
>         The outcome was more or less this:
>
> * [[Debian -> http://packages.debian.org/lyx]]
> * [[Gentoo -> http://gentoo-portage.com/app-office/lyx]]
> * [[SuSE -> \
>     http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/suselinux/lyx.html]]
> * [[Fedora Core 5 -> \
> http://fedoraproject.org/extras/5/x86_64/repodata/repoview/lyx-0-1.4.3-1.fc5.html]]

Mee too for mantis:
http://wiki.mantisbugtracker.com/doku.php/mantisbt:distributions
the best thing I come to was pointing to the M page of repoview, not
so convenient:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/5/i386/repodata/repoview/M.group.html

>   Is there any generic link for packages like the other distributions above?
> If not, what needs to be done for Fedora to have one?

I think the first step would be to create a repoview-like script which
should populate a table of:
package | version FCx | version FCy | version FCdevel

each of them probably linked to the corresponding repoview page.
then I am pretty sure it could easily got a place in fedoraproject.org :)