should clamav-data package supersede clamav-db ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 9 21:42:42 UTC 2007

Hi, I noticed that pup updates and yum updates were failing to complete
for the last 3 weeks or so. One of the packages was for clamav:
installed clamav-db requires clamav version that is currently installed.
I guessed this was a packaging error that would be solved in due course.

What I realize now is that my clamav package is from freshrpms or
rpmforge. Here the virus-definitions were in clamav-db, whereas in
extras they are in clamav-data. So, while the EVR is higher -2 to -1,
this wont upgrade the freshrpms packages because of the name change.

Perhaps changing the clamav-data package to obsolete clamav-db would be
the nicest way to solve this. And if forge/fresh continue to package, it
might be worth suggesting they do similar for their package ?

DaveT.