should clamav-data package supersede clamav-db ?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Apr 10 09:46:06 UTC 2007

Jima wrote :

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, David Timms wrote:
> > Perhaps changing the clamav-data package to obsolete clamav-db would be the
> > nicest way to solve this. And if forge/fresh continue to package, it might be
> > worth suggesting they do similar for their package ?
>
>   -1, Flamebait ;-)

Why? First of all, the package doesn't come from freshrpms, but
rpmforge, as I've never packaged it on freshrpms ;-)
Second, you should contact Dries and suggest :
1) To remove the rpmforge clamav packages for the Fedora releases which
have them in Extras
2) To consider using the clamav-db name instead of clamav-data

Then also poke the Extras clamav maintainer to have the proper
"Obsoletes: clamav-db <= last-known-V-R" added to the clamav-data
package.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.20-1.2933.fc6
Load : 3.34 6.37 4.87