Mock, x86_64 and i386 Builds

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sun Feb 4 09:56:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 15:58 -0700, Jonathan Steffan wrote:
> Using mock, what needs to be done when a package needs both i386 and
> x86_64 libs?
>
> http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/projects/nspluginwrapper/
>
> http://www.damaestro.us/Members/jon/nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.2-2.src.rpm

I attempted to package nspluginwrapper a while back:

http://www.haxxed.com/rpms/nspluginwrapper-0.9.90.1-0.src.rpm

Originally based on the upstream spec, but it got mostly rewrote as its
approach was crackrock.

Basically you build it for i386, it pops out an i386 subpackage that
virtual provides nspluginwrapper-runtime-i386, then you build it for
x86_64, and it pops out a package that depends on
nspluginwrapper-runtime-i386. Put the two together in a repo and ta-da!
However, I could not get the thing to actually work, it just segfaulted
on start up, so I didn't go any farther. Maybe newer versions actually
work.