New new package process SUCKS! (read please)

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 16:40:49 UTC 2007

On 2/5/07, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
> First of all as discussed earlier the new review with flags is both
> unclear / not very well documented and much more work then it used to
> be, without any clear arguments why we needed a new process in the first
> place -> SUCKS

Actually here is the reasoning behind the change[1]:

"After mulling this over a bit, I have decided that using tracking
bugs with this review would be too confusing, as well as too slow to
be usable in a work-flow, and would generate too much extraneous mail
spam."

Ironically, the new process is too confusing, too slow to be usable in
a work-flow and it generates too much extranious mail spam.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-January/msg00340.html

Regards,
Chris