For your dining pleasure.. i give you experimental packages of usbsink

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 07:50:00 UTC 2007

On 2/12/07, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> -jef"totally wants a way to push the button on his WD Mybook drive
> casing and have it start a personal data backup process as part of his
> Gnome Session. I wonder does linux even 'see' the button press
> action...where the hell would i look to see if linux sees me press the
> button?"spaleta

This would be extra cool... I think the windows counterpart has a
small program polling the USB link for such events;  you may want to
start from a USB snooping session in Windows to see what is
transmitted on the wire.

I'd also wonder what the results would be trying to contact WD about
giving developers some specs...