FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-02-08

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Feb 15 11:51:26 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 12:34 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote :

> > > I don't think it makes sense to block reviews for the BuildRoot
> > > settings. We have enough other things to look at...
> >
> > Why isn't anybody at redhat able to run a sed script over all *.spec
> > and thereby closing this case for all packages at once?
>
> Because we might want to do that only once, if/when we find a better
> Buildroot value?

Why should this be a requirement?

Florian's remark was aiming at "ease of work". Helping him would be a
matter of very few hours to for a central admin.

As a side-effect, all the arguments on Bugzilla would be closed, still
existing broken buildroots would be fixed ...

And FPC could try to develop a long term solution in peace and silence,
which would help avoiding such semi-cooked/semi-functional proposals as
we came up the last time.

Ralf