FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-02-08

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Feb 15 13:14:40 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 01:59:26PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> "mktemp" in the spec file BuildRoot tag is getting far too annoying,
> especially since I do not like anything in my spec file which is not used
> during my local test-builds, and because failure conditions are not dealt
> with. I don't know yet what's necessary to block it from becoming
> mandatory, but it's ridiculous, giving the fact that it will return a
> fresh tmp dir with every invocation of rpmbuild.

Check Ville's posting on fedora-packaging on correcting this. And FWIW
I personally think this is the lesser evil. The real "solution" would
be to leave buildroots w/o any mandatory clause.

If a packager isn't able to construct a sane buildroot, then I don't
need to check on the rest of the specfile ...
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net