FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-02-08

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Feb 15 14:00:19 UTC 2007

On Thursday 15 February 2007 08:54, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> mktemp -ud also returns a new path with every invocation. A buildroot that
> becomes a moving target (even when overriding %_tmppath) is impractical for
> --short-circuit builds or anything where you would want to examine the
> buildroot contents.

Without a unique  buildroot for each build, you're back to the problem of
overwriting or picking something up that you didn't put there in the first
place.  I do believe the patches that were sent upstream to do BuildRoot
internally within RPM make use of unique directories per build.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora