Orphanizing the OrphanedPackages Wiki page

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Feb 20 21:10:01 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> After sending this message, I won't keep an eye on the OrphanedPackages
> Wiki page and on orphaned packages anymore. I will also discontinue with
> monitoring the orphan owner in bugzilla. With the locks on owners.list
> and CVS it makes no sense to continue with such activities.

I believe maintaining this in two places is too much manual work in the
long-term.

Perhaps we should have a script that reads owners.list and to
auto-generates a static page that displays the orphans?  This could be
written independently of anything else.

http://rubenkerkhof.com/review
Something like this... except generated with links to the CVS of each
orphaned package.

Any volunteers to write this?  Pretty easy project.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com