"make tag" in new branches?

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Sun Feb 25 02:18:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

after my speedcrunch review I was now able to checkout the speedcrunch module
and upload the srpm as described in step 10
in /wiki/Extras/NewPackageProcess.
The build went as usual. After that I wanted to create packages for the other
branches as well. The mentioned howto says in step 11 that I have to copy
the 'sources' file, the *.spec file and all patches (one *.destkop file in
that case) to the branch directory. The .spec file and the patches are
supposed to be "cvs add"ed, and cvs commit does the rest.

However, when you follow that rules you can't tag or build a branch because
there is no Makefile. I tried to simply copy the Makefile but then the build
log gives me
"Error: could not make srpm for speedcrunch-0_7-0_4_beta2_fc5 - output was:
make: *** No rule to make target `srpm'. Stop."

What do I have to do now?

Roland