EPEL owners

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Feb 26 17:17:34 UTC 2007

Ville Skyttä wrote :

> As a side note, I most likely will be interested in maintaining some EPEL5
> packages later, but probably not EPEL4.

This shows up a problem with the current situation : Some people could
be wanting to maintain some of your packagers for the older RHEL
releases which you won't be interested in, but this can't be perfectly
handled (i.e. have a complete different owners, like for Fedora vs.
RHEL), and _could_ be fixed by co-maintainership... yet if someone it
interested in, say, EL2.1 in general, it would be quite difficult and
wouldn't make much sense to have him co-maintaining hundreds of
packages...

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
Load : 0.31 0.38 0.29