Disturbing lack of FE security updates announcements!

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jan 9 12:44:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

top posting on purpose: The thread about whether and how people should
or should not issue fedora-package-announce [SECURITY] announcements
drifetd to discussing about who's allowed to edit other people's
specfiles for fast reaction etc. and faded out.

The true item of Hans' query remains: Should Fedora Extras security
announcements be sent to fedora-announce-packages or not? And if yes,
who writes/sends it, the packager, or is it relayed to a special
person/group?

I checked the wiki and found no template to use, if I were to do so
now I would simply pick the latest announce (from Hans) and modify it
accordingly. But I'm not sure this is even wanted.

If the packager, or someone else, is to do these announcements it
would be nice to have such an announce template in the wiki.

BTW this is no academic exercise, I'm queuing in mediawiki upgrades to
fix a XSS Ajax issue, and would like to know whether it will be a
stealth upgrade, or whether I should start shouting.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net